Mobile: 07480 943378
CHANGING TIMES & EVOLVING CULTURES
A 10 week course which explores, how we are all impacted by ‘differences’. This is a rare opportunity to engage in some challenging, sensitive and controversial topics within a safe and supportive environment.
• Exploring cultural assumptions and prejudices
• Marriage/partnerships from various perspectives
• Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
• Working with refugees and asylum seekers
• Gender and Sexuality
• Diversity within Islam
• Mental health in the context of cultural difference
Each morning will consist of a theoretical seminar, an opportunity to practice your listening skills and a process group to explore the above issues.
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR:
Counsellors/psychotherapists, social workers, mental health professionals, individuals from statutory and non-statutory services, individuals from the third sector, teachers, medical professionals, those working in the care industry, and anyone interested in the above topics.
THE COURSE WILL OFFER YOU:
• The opportunity for personal development and increasing self-awareness in the context of cultural difference using the Psychodynamic approach.
• The ability to respond more sensitively to a diverse client base by learning key listening and counselling skills within an Integrative therapeutic framework.
• A development of multi-cultural competences which will help you to accommodate diversity in the working and personal environment.
TIME AND DATE:
This is a 10 week course that will run on a Tuesday afternoon:
1.00pm – 4.00pm, from 12th Sept – 14th November 2017.
Barton Hill Settlement, Barton Hill, 43 Ducie Rd, Bristol, Avon BS5 0AX.
There is plenty of on-street parking in the roads around the Settlement.
Light refreshments will be available.
Currently the course costs £275 per person, a £50 deposit is required to secure your place.
Your acceptance of a place is subject to your suitability. There will be two places for students/trainees at £200 on a first come first serve basis.
TO APPLY :
Please contact me on the details below:
email@example.com or phone on 07480 943378.
MSc, Dip. Counselling, MBACP (Accred). UKRCP Reg. Ind. Practitioner.
Ounkar is currently a consultant with FORWARD, which is committed to gender equality and safeguarding the rights of African girls and women. She worked for The Refugees and Asylum Seekers Counselling Service with Womankind (Bristol). She has a small private practice in Bristol and is an accredited Race Equality Trainer.
Second Facilitator TBC
This event provides support around
This event supports people with
Barton Hill Settlement, Bristol,