Age UK Bristol is a forward thinking organisation, committed to working with and for older people in Bristol, enabling them to maintain their independence and quality of life.
We provide impartial, free, & confidential Information & Advice to older people in Bristol
Age UK Bristol offers an independent,free, impartial, & confidential, information & advice service for anyone over the age of 55 who lives or works in Bristol.
How we can help:
Age UK Bristol advisers are trained to
offer people advice on all of the
• Money matters, benefits and allowances, including Pension Credit & Attendance Allowance
• Council Tax
• Priority debts, such as rent & utility arrears
• Social care services
• Care homes
• Lasting Power of Attorney
• Help completing forms
We can also often advise on other issues, or signpost to other organisations if we are unable to help.
0117 922 5353
Our Advice Line is open Monday to Thursday from 10am to 1pm. If calling outside of those hours please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we are able.
We offer face-to-face appointments at our main office from Monday to Thursday, 10am to 1pm. Please contact us via the Advice Line to book an appointment.
We can offer home visits for clients who are unable to attend our office or one of our outreaches. These can be booked via our Advice Line.
We also offer specialist advice to older people affected by cancer or dementia, and their carers. Please contact the Advice line for more information.
* Information and Advice Service: Free, confidential and independent information advice and advocacy, on a wide range of issues. Includes information on vetted tradespersons - 0117 922 5353.
* New Beginnings Day Centre provides a range of activities, good food, and transport for older people in South Bristol - 0117 987 8406.
* Dementia Day Opportunities in Withywood. Please contact 0117 987 8406.
* Housing Support provides support to enable older people to remain independent in their own homes - 0117 928 1546/7
* Toenail Cutting for older people - Available by appointment only at clinics across Bristol.
For more information, or to make an appointment, please contact the Service Manager, Shelley on 0117 929 7537.
* Computer Learning Courses - 0117 929 7537
* Insurance and Trading - 0117 928 1555
* Home Shopping Scheme - 0117 929 2552
* Telephone Befriending (Tuesdays only) - Barbara Ward - 0117 987 8428; email@example.com
* Volunteering - We are always looking for people of all ages and backgrounds to help us run our services - 0117 929 7537
This organisation provides support around
This organisation provides support for
Is there a cost for these services?
Dependent on service.
How can people access this service?
|Monday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Tuesday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Wednesday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Thursday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
Out of hours answer machine
Primary Organisation Details
Primary Address Details
Venue Address Details
Job title / Position
Services Available to People at Home
Information and Advice
Age UK Advice is a free, confidential, national phone service for older people, their families, friends, carers and professionals. We have a team of expert advisers who will give you information that is reliable and up-to-date.
Our team are trained to identify the information that will best answer your questions. If we can’t help, we will direct you to the best place to go for further support and advice.
Will calls I make to this helpline show on my bill?
Limitations and Associations
Associations / Qualifications / Awards