● Pre-school story and rhymetime every Tuesday at 9.30–10.00am & every Friday at 2:30-3:00pm
● Chatterbooks – A monthly reading group for children aged 8 - 12 on Saturdays from 2.30 to 3.30pm. Please speak to library staff to register
● Free Courses with Community learning
For more information please call Jane Thomas on 01454 865943
● Computer Support Volunteers are available for one-to-one basic IT sessions on Saturday mornings, Please speak to staff to book a place.
● Special school holiday free story and craft sessions: Contact the library for dates . Most suitable for ages 3-11.
● Adult reading group - meets once a month on Monday evenings 5.45-6.45pm at the library. Speak to staff to register
● Supportive groups – all libraries encourage parents and carers to network and support each other at their children’s activities. All libraries run/can put people in touch with adult reading groups which are also sources of social support.
•Need help tracing your family tree? Our family history volunteer runs one-to-one sessions by appointment. Contact the library for details.
This organisation provides support around
This organisation provides support for
Is there a cost for these services?
Joining the library is free but we charge for some items and reservations (concessions are available). You will also have to pay for overdue items.
Do you offer concessions?
Concessions are given to people receiving jobseekers allowance, income support, employment support allowance, housing benefit, council tax benefit, disability living allowance, incapacity benefit or carers allowance. Students in full time education and people over the age of 60 years also qualify. Staff will require initial proof of eligibility.
A 50% discount applies to all item hire charges for members with Total membership at South Gloucestershire Leisure Centres.
How can people access this service?
|Monday||From 9.30||To 19.00|
|Tuesday||From 9.30||To 17.00|
|Thursday||From 9.30||To 19.00|
|Friday||From 9.30||To 17.00|
|Saturday||From 9.30||To 17.00|
Out of hours answer machine
Primary Organisation Details
Primary Address Details
Venue Address Details
Job title / Position
Venue Address Details
Contact Address Line 1
Contact Address Line 2
Contact Address Line 3
Services Available to People at Home
We provide a free Home Library Service delivered by a dedicated group of volunteers.
Home Library Service
Will calls I make to this helpline show on my bill?
Limitations and Associations
Limitations / Restrictions
The service is for housebound customers who have no one who can bring them to the library or collect books on their behalf. Customers must be resident in Filton.
Tick here to add details of how your services is accessible to people with a physical disability.
Are there bus stops nearby?
Is there a rail station nearby?
Is there a car park nearby?
Is there parking for disabled drivers on site or outside the building?
Do the premises feature non-revolving automatic external doors?
Are external doors 900mm or more wide with flat thresholds?
On external doors are the handles a contrasting colour and tone to the door?
Is there an induction loop / induction coupling at the premises?
Can people with an assistance dog access the service accompanied by their dog?
Is there provision for assistance dogs? (Water bowl and toilet area)
A water bowl can be provided upon request