The Activity Day Club service offers door-to-door accompanied transport to a choice of four weekly clubs in two locations serving much of South Gloucestershire.
A typical day contains opportunities for a variety of fun and activities such as singing and playing percussion instruments, quizzes, exercises to music, art & craft, bingo, Nintendo Wii games, knitting, memory boxes, entertainment and occasional outings as well as times of quieter conversation and one-to-one support. A two course lunch and refreshments are also provided.
Singing is a favourite
We will be happy to discuss you attending a 'taster session' so you can experience the service and meet other service users and staff team. Half day packages can also be booked (subject to availability) and a reduced rate applies if no transport is required.
Positive outcomes for service users
● Improved health and well-being
● Reduced isolation
● Increased motivation
● Improved self-confidence
● Improved social skills and communication
● Improved nutrition and hydration through monitoring
Carers can also receive much-needed respite from their responsibilities. (Ad hoc days can be booked subject to availability of spaces.)
Locations and areas served
Nutfield House, Filton
● Tuesdays and Thursdays
● Transport from: Filton, Patchway, Stoke Lodge, Littlestoke and Bradley Stoke
Poplar Gardens, Kingswood
● Tuesdays and Wednesdays (inc. spaces for older people with the early stages of Alzheimers/dementia)
● Transport from: Kingswood, Staple Hill, Cadbury Heath, Downend, Mangotsfield and Longwell Green (other areas may be considered by arrangement.)
Sorry, but our day care sevices are not available to people requiring personal care such as toileting or supervision of medication.
Accessing Day Services
1. Direct approaches from families of those who do not meet the Council funding criteria (see 3, below), but who would like to attend on a private payment basis.
2. Referral via a brokerage sevice who will support people who have a 'personal budget' to spend on support services.
3. Referral via South Gloucestershire Council Community Care & Housing Dept. (Under Fair Access to Care standards you must meet the eligibility criteria for risk categorised as either 'critical' or 'substantial'. An assessment will establish any contribution that may be needed towards the cost.)
This organisation provides support around
This organisation provides support for
Is there a cost for these services?
How can people access this service?
|Monday||From 10:00||To 16:00|
|Tuesday||From 10:00||To 16:00|
|Wednesday||From 10:00||To 16:00|
|Thursday||From 10:00||To 16:00|
|Friday||From 10:00||To 16:00|
|Saturday||From 10:00||To 16:00|
|Sunday||From 10:00||To 16:00|
Out of hours answer machine
Primary Organisation Details
Primary Address Details
Will calls I make to this helpline show on my bill?
Tick here to add details of how your services is accessible to people with a physical disability.
Is there a car park nearby?
Is there parking for disabled drivers on site or outside the building?
Is there a ramp?
Is there provision for assistance dogs? (Water bowl and toilet area)
Please contact Kingswood Community Centre for further information about accessibility of premises.