Welcome to Mosaic Madness, successfully run by David Bowers who has worked in over 200 schools and a huge range of community groups.
Why choose a mosaic for your school, community or private project?
● Beautiful, using tiles which are frost proof and come in a wide range of colours.
● Lasting, due to the nature of mosaics there is no possibility of the colours fading over time, as may happen with a painted mural
● Inclusive, from design to completion and for any age and ability.
● Near vandal proof, the most likely thing to occur is tagging which can be easily cleaned.
● Curriculum links, a wide range of links can be made depending on the nature of the piece and the imagery.
● Learn new skills, basic mosaicing is easy to learn then it all comes down to practice and you imagination and patience.
Mosaic project benefits will be to the participants both individually and as a group, and to the entire local or school community.
● Designing and creating something from start to finish.
● To work as a group and participate
● To say I made that
● Improving self esteem, empowerment and communication.
● To see what your friends/ group has done
● All ages and abilities can be involved - mosaics are a truly inclusive medium and require no prior artistic talent or knowledge
● The joy of using different materials
● Discovering or rediscovering skills (including transferable ones)
● Satisfaction - results are seen quickly!
● The wider community will see the result and feel proud and inspired
● Mosaics cannot be set alight, are nearly impossible to smash and can often be repaired if vandalised and cleaned if tagged
● Mosaics have a long lifespan and the project becomes part of the environment and in fact part of the history of the community
This organisation provides support around
Is there a cost for these services?
Phone for details.