Avon and Somerset Probation Area goals are to:
- reduce re-offending, and
- protect the public from the harm that serious or prolific offenders can do to individuals, communities and the public.
They do this work by ensuring that:
• offenders are carefully assessed to identify the risks they present,
• offenders are directed to interventions that will reduce their identified risks
• offenders are properly managed throughout their sentence
• sentences are properly enforced
• attention is given to the needs of victims of serious offenders
Much of the work done depends on working with other organisations such as police, prisons, local authorities, private and voluntary organisations. The staff of Avon and Somerset Probation Board work to make a difference to local communities by making them safer places in which to live and work.
Avon and Somerset Probation Area aim to:
* Provide information to courts across Avon and Somerset to help sentencing decisions
* Safely supervise people serving their sentence in the community
* Ensure people complete their community sentences and take them back to court if they don't
* Prevent people from committing more crimes
* Prepare prisoners for release
* Supervise prisoners who are released into the community on licence
* Liaise with victims of serious crime.
This organisation provides support around
This organisation provides support for
Is there a cost for these services?
How can people access this service?
|Monday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Tuesday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Wednesday||From 09:00||To 1700|
|Thursday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 09:00||To 17:00|