Do you look after someone? If so, who looks after you?
FREE help and support for carers in Bath and North East Somerset.
The Carers' Centre helps friends, family or neighbours living with and/or caring for someone in BaNES (or B&NES, if you prefer!).
* Personal support plan set up with one of our expert Carers’ Officers
* Helping you to find and access useful local services, agencies and groups
* Emergency Planning for the person you look after should you become unwell
* Young Carers: A programme of support for people aged 5 to 25
* Specialist support for carers with learning disabilities
* Counselling: Professional support for challenging emotional situations
* Befriending: Trained volunteers who can offer support and empathy
* Support groups: Meet other carers who understand how you feel
GIVE US A BREAK
* Days Out: Trips and events to take time out and enjoy yourself
* Health and Wellbeing: Arts and Crafts, Indian Head Massage and much more
* Twos’ Company: Enjoy time together with a friend or loved one
* Family Time: Outings together for the whole family
* Me Time: Special activities for yourself or with a friend
* Employment support: Expert help into work, training or to start a business
* Workshops and Training: Learn positive skills to help manage your caring role
* Have Your Say Days: Get involved and help improve local services
Our two centres are:
* North East Somerset Carers' Centre, 1 Riverside Cottages, Radstock BA3 3PS
* Bath Carers' Centre, The Woodlands, Lower Bristol Road, Bath BA2 9ES
This organisation provides support around
This organisation provides support for
Areas Served (Further Details)
Is there a cost for these services?
How can people access this service?
|Monday||From 15:00||To 17:00|
|Tuesday||From 15:00||To 17:00|
|Wednesday||From 15:00||To 17:00|
|Thursday||From 15:00||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 15:00||To 17:00|
Out of hours answer machine
Primary Organisation Details
Primary Address Details
Services Available to People at Home
We carry out home visits to set up Carer Plans, which look at all aspects of the caring role eg finances, emotional and physical health, practical issues. This tailor-made support plan is then reviewed on a regular basis, to ensure that Carers' needs are always looked after.
support carer plan advice information befriending breaks activities
Carers can call with queries about anything and we will try to resolve them!
Cost per minute
Will calls I make to this helpline show on my bill?
Helpline Opening Hours
|Monday||From 10:00||To 13:00|
|Tuesday||From 10:00||To 13:00|
|Wednesday||From 10:00||To 13:00|
|Thursday||From 10:00||To 13:00|
|Friday||From 10:00||To 13:00|
Limitations and Associations
Associations / Qualifications / Awards
PQASSO Quality Mark Level 2
Centre of Excellence Award from Carers' Trust.
Services that increase accessibility
We have Easy Read information available.
www.banescarerscentre.org.uk is the Centre's fully accessible website available in Easy Read, different formats and languages.