Advocacy Services at the Care Forum provides free independent support and assistance to people who do not feel that they are being heard, to speak up and express their views and to make their own decisions and contributions. This includes people with mental ill health, physical/sensory impairment, learning difficulties, older people and carers of vulnerable adults.
There are seven advocacy projects:
1. Complaints procedure advocacy which supports people to make a complaint against social services in Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
2. Mental Health Advocacy supports people who use mental health services in South Gloucestershire.
3. Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) for South Gloucestershire provides statutory advocacy for people who are sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
4. The Drugs Advocacy Project supports people who use drugs services in Bristol.
5. Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy is for people who are facing a decision about serious medical treatment or accommodation and who are assessed to lack the capacity to make this decision themselves.
6. Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) service. The
safeguards are intended to protect people who lack mental capacity from being detained when this is not in their best interests; to prevent arbitrary detention; and to give people the right to challenge a decision.
7. A Spot purchase advocacy service which can be purchased by statutory authorities who wish to access advocacy for their service users who are not eligible for any of the above projects.
FOR NEW REFERRALS ONLY: 0808 808 5252
FOR OPEN/CURRENT CASES: 0117 965 4444
Other Contact Details:
1. CPA: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mental health: email@example.com
3. DAS: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. IMCA & DOLS: email@example.com
6. Spot purchase: 0117 958 9304
There are opportunities for volunteer advocates. Please enquire.
This organisation provides support around
This organisation provides support for
Areas Served (Further Details)
Is there a cost for these services?
How can people access this service?
|Monday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Tuesday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Wednesday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Thursday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
Out of hours answer machine
Primary Organisation Details
Primary Address Details
Venue Address Details
Services Available to People at Home
People needing an advocacy service may be visited at home.
Will calls I make to this helpline show on my bill?
Tick here to add details of how your services is accessible to people with a physical disability.
Are there bus stops nearby?
Is there a car park nearby?
Is there parking for disabled drivers on site or outside the building?
If so, how many spaces?
Disabled parking telephone
Is there on-street parking in close proximity to the premises?
Are external doors 900mm or more wide with flat thresholds?
Are external doors non sprung?
On external doors are the handles a contrasting colour and tone to the door?
On internal doors are the handles a contrasting colour and tone to the door?
Is there an induction loop / induction coupling at the premises?
Do visitors have access to a telephone?
If so, does it have wheelchair access?
If so, does it have an induction loop?
Can people with an assistance dog access the service accompanied by their dog?
Is there provision for assistance dogs? (Water bowl and toilet area)