This site aims to achieve overall compliance with the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative's (WCAG 2.0) guidelines.
This website has been built to allow easy access using either the keyboard or mouse. Keyboard commands are as follows:
- Tab: move forwards through links/elements on any page
- Shift Tab: move backwards through links/elements on any page
- Return: Activate selected item on page
- Backspace: Back to the previous page
For the benefit of users with screen readers a skip navigation facility has been provided on each page of Well Aware.
If you would like to change the text size used throughout this website, please use the Text Size buttons available on each page; these are located on the top centre of each page.
Alternatively, you can change the font size via your web browser's menu:
- Internet Explorer: choose View > Text Size
- Firefox: choose View > Zoom > Zoom in
- Opera users: go to View > Z
Did you know...
By rotating your mouses scroll wheel whilst holding the control key (CTRL) on your computer keyboard, you can increase and decrease the screens overall zoom.
The Browse Aloud 'widget' is located at the top right hand corner of each webpage. Clicking 'listen' will enable Browse Aloud; once enabled any text text hovered over with the mouse pointer will be spoken. Make sure your computer is equipped with a soundcard, speakers and that the volume is turned up!
Did you know...
Browse Aloud will read out loud any text you hover your mouse pointer over.
Documents stored on this website are available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) and Microsoft Word Document Format (DOC). These formats can be viewed using the following free software:
PDF: Adobe Acrobat Reader
DOC: Word viewer 2003
W3C - Validation
- This web site is built using XHTML1.0 Transistional and validates against standards set by W3C. Check XHTML validation
- Style sheets conforming to valid CSS2.1 where possible are used throughout this web site for visual layout and formatting.
- The web site conforms to W3C WCAG v2.0 guidelines for web site accessibility - Priority Level 2 (AA) where possible.