Are you off sick from work and finding it difficult to see a way back? Click here or on the icon above to download our information pack in full.
This resource can help with lots of things you might want to consider, such as:
· Do you know how your pay will be affected by you being signed off work long term?
· Do you understand your company's sickness absence management policy?
· Did you know that the old Sick Note has been replaced by a Fit Note and that this has important changes for how you and your GP manage your health and return to work?
· Do you know how you can access assessment and advice from Occupational Health?
· Do you know your rights around giving consent for your employer to see your medical records?
· Do you feel so angry with your employer that it is difficult to communicate effectively with them?
So if you would like to move forward with all of this? Why not follow this five-stage plan:
1. Have a read of the relevant sections within this pack;
2. If you need to know more take a look at the websites listed, which have useful further information and contact the helplines and services listed, with any questions you have;
3. Make some notes about what returning to work might look like for you;
4. Discuss your thoughts and plans with people you know can support you. This could be a trusted colleague, union rep, friend or family member;
5. Then take your plan forward with the support of those around you!
This information pack can be your first step in helping yourself to successfully return to work. The good news is:
· Adjustments to your hours and duties can help you to return to work and support longer term success of returning. These can be negotiated with your employer.
· You do not have to feel 100% in order to start working again. A good, supportive workplace can help us to recover. A Fit Note from your doctor can help with this.
· There are lots of really helpful services available to you, if you feel unable to resolve issues on your own.
Being off work sick can be very stressful – but this pack can help. Click here or on any of the icons within this page to download it in full. If you have any problems downloading it, just contact the Well Aware team.