South Gloucestershire Council hold a bi-monthly meeting to discuss the best way forward in regards to a local strategy for supporting those with Autism, their families and carers.
South Gloucestershire Council state that "The group supports the development of services for people with autism and works with other providers to ensure that non-specialist services are accessible for people with autism."
In simple terms, these meeting aim to:
- Ensure that services are in line with national guidelines
- Identify gaps in service provision
- Improve partnership working
- Review training, diagnosis and assesment of Autism.
- Oversee a long term strategy for the local area and how to implement it.
You can contact South Gloucestershire Council by email or by telephoning Adult Care on 01454 868007