Link To BrowseAloud - Free Text Reader 

Low Vision Resource Symbol


With sight loss you may think that moving out of your own home is the only option. But though you may face difficulties, with some minor adjustments, it is possible that you could still continue to live independently in your current home.


With the right support you can find practical solutions to housing problems. This could involve learning independent living skills such as cooking and domestic tasks or modifying your home. If you are visually impaired you could be able to access schemes to make your home more energy efficient, adapt the rooms you have and get specialist equipment.


You may also want to access support with issues such as mortgage payments, homelessness prevention, debt advice and tenancy issues. For advice on how your sight may influence these issues you can contact some of the support organisations listed below.


For further help or support with sight loss, please call your local Action team in the South West on 0117 953 7750 or visit the website at


Other Support Organisations

Here are some organisations that offer advice and support on housing:


Citizens Advice Bureaux

National Telephone Helpline: 08444 111 444




Free Advice Helpline: 0808 800 4444