This page will regularly update with information, advice and guidance on coronavirus (Covid-19) and relevant information on health and wellbeing services in Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
If you have any questions or issues, or you’re uncertain of which service you need, the Well Aware team is available to be contacted by phone (0808 808 5252) or by email – we’re here to help.
Latest Advice From Central Government & The NHS
Stay at home:
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home).
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Health advice and information on the NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) website.
It’s important to stay at home and self-isolate if you are displaying symptoms. Advice about staying at home on the NHS website .
Advice and information from the UK Government – what you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Local Council Services & Support
For important information and advice from your local council, including:
- How local council services have changed – e.g. waste services, schools, information about funerals, citizen service points, housing, parking, etc.
- How to get help – e.g. if you’re extremely vulnerable, if you need care and support, if you need financial help, etc.
- How to help others in your community.
- How to get help and support as a business, or guidance for local businesses.
Basic Services & Support
If you live in Bristol or South Gloucestershire and your isolating because of coronavirus (COVID-19), visit our pages below for information about where to access basic services and support such as food and prescription deliveries, PAYG meter top ups, or emergency payments, among others.
If you don’t know who to get in touch with, you can call the Well Aware team (0808 808 5252) or get in touch with us by email.
Employment & Financial Support
If you’re worried about the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19) on your job, you need advice on benefits, or your struggling with debt, there are lots of services and resources you can access for support across Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- Head over to our employment & financial support page for for more information.
Volunteering – Support Your Community
If you want to support your community by volunteering in response to coronavirus (COVID-19), there are lots of ways for you to get involved across Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- Head to our volunteering information page to find out more.
Support For Your Community Group, Voluntary Organisation or Business
If you need support for your community group, voluntary organisation or business in Bristol or South Gloucestershire in response to coronavirus (COVID-19), there is support, information and advice available from a range of organisations and sources.
- Head over to our supporting your VCSE organisation or business page for more information.
Well Aware Services & Support
We’re working with local authorities to ensure that the information we provide to service users is clear and correct, and with local funding organisations to ensure that emergency funding goes where it is most needed.
We ask for our service user’s patience while we build this basic information, but we will be updating and maintaining this page regularly throughout this period.
Given the ongoing challenges created by coronavirus (COVID-19) around Bristol and South Gloucestershire, many of the services on the Well Aware website may be temporarily suspended. If you are unsure if a service is still running, please try contacting the service you need – their information and advice phone lines may still be running, and they may have adapted their service.
The Well Aware team is now working from home and you can still get in touch with us if you need any information, advice or guidance – by phone (0808 808 5252) or by email.