This page will keep you updated with information about Community and Equalities Groups and Support, which ones are open, what resources there are and how you can access them.
If you don’t know where to go for help, you can call the Well Aware team (0808 808 5252) or get in touch with us by email.
BAME Resource Hub – Normally run community events for women. However, given that COVID-19 has hit BAME groups harder, they have created this resource hub. In it, you will find curated links to organisations and information designed to help those from BAME backgrounds.
- Email: email@example.com.
Bangladeshi Bristol Womens Group – An organisation to help better the community, getting better education for our children, give woman a freedom of speech and fighting for our rights.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 07838 183949/07889 258953
Barton Hill Settlement – Wellspring Settlement enables our community to actively participate in positive, life-affirming activities. We offer a unique space for residents of Barton Hill and the wider area to celebrate, learn, create, develop, relax, socialise and play.
Current service provision: Wellspring Settlement, formerly the Wellspring and Barton Hill Settlement, are offering a range of fantastic local and free services for those in need as a result of COVID19. These include:
- Distribution of food parcels and cooked meals
- Prescription collections and dog walking
- Family services, including access to the garden facility for families with no outdoor space, parenting support over the phone and the distribution of nappies, wipes and formula
- A telephone befriending support service
- Shopping for the most vulnerable reside
- To access this support call: 0117 955 6971 The call centre is open 10am – 3pm from Monday to Thursday and 10am – 1pm on Fridays. You can also call this number to refer someone else. Contact details will be taken and individuals will then be called back.
- Or use their Contact form
Borderlands – Are a Christian charity based in Bristol that exists to work with refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable migrants to help them from exclusion to belonging.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 07718 598188
Bristol and Avon Chinese Women’s Group -The Bristol and Avon Chinese Women’s Group exists to support the health and social care needs of Chinese women and their families in Bristol and the surrounding area.
- Main phone: 0117 935 1462
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline: 0808 802 0012
- Email: email@example.com
- Care support: 0117 955 3330
- Casework surgery: 0117 955 4486
Bristol City Council Traveller Communities – Resources for Gypsy, Roma and Travellers, and the professionals who work with them.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0117 922 4272
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0117 950 0844 or 0779 564 6541
Bristol Black Carers – Bristol Black Carers supports carers and those whom they care for to access mainstream care and health related public services.
Bristol Older People Forum – The Bristol Older People’s Forum (BOPF) promotes the rights of older people in the city of Bristol by informing, campaigning, and working with key local, regional and national partners.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 0117 927 9222
Bristol Women’s Voice – Bristol Women’s Voice is a powerful voice for women making women’s equality in Bristol a reality.
Dhek Bhal – Provides services for everyone in the South Asian Community
- Call: If you need support during this time please contact the Dhek Bhal numbers 0117 9146671/ 9146672 or Zehra Haq mobile :- 0777 6204661.
- Email: If your enquiry is not urgent, then please email on email@example.com and someone will contact you in due course
Health Links – For people in Bristol who have English as a second language and have difficulty in accessing health services due to language and cultural barriers. Services that work within Sirona, as well as other healthcare professionals, are encouraged to contact us regarding any interpreting or cultural support needs they may have.
- Phone: 0117 902 7115 / 07900 264435
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Khaas Bristol – Khaas seeks to promote the comprehensive needs of BME disabled children, their carers and families.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 07392 068593
Local Friends – Local Friends is all about building relationships, about connecting people.
Malcom X Elders Forum – Normally run weekly sessions for Elders mainly BME. Now only provision of an outreach service taking food and providing support to Elders that are isolated in the community.
- Phone: 075224 10945
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nilaari – Nilaari is a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) led community-based charity.
- Phone: 0117 952 5742
- E-mail: email@example.com
Pakistani Welfare Organisation – Bristol Pakistani Community Welfare Organisation (BPCWO) (now called Pakistani Welfare Organisation Learning Centre) is dedicated to helping, not only the local Pakistani community, but at the same time by helping ALL other communities by operating an open door policy towards all.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 0117 9523031
Refugee Women of Bristol – Refugee Women of Bristol (RWoB) is the only multi-ethnic, multi-faith organisation which specifically targets the needs of refugee women in Bristol.
- Phone: 0117 9415867
- Email: email@example.com
Talo Community Group -Talo is a fresh initiative that inspires to make a big impact to the lives of local people through support in Housing, Employment, Benefits and much more
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org