If you need support for your community group, charity or business in Bristol or South Gloucestershire, this page will regularly update with useful resources and information that can help in your response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have any questions or issues, or you’re uncertain of which service you need, the Well Aware team is available to be contacted by phone (0808 808 5252) or by email – we’re here to help.
VCSE Funding & Support
If you are a voluntary, community or social enterprise organisation and you need funding or support, there are various funding and infrastructure organisations that can help.
- CAF Coronavirus Emergency Fund – This Fund is to help smaller charitable organisations in the UK affected by the impact of Covid-19. Grants of up to £10,000 are available.
- Quartet Community Foundation Coronavirus 2020 Response Fund – This grant programme aims to support local activities across the South West of England that are helping communities affected by the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak. It will offer local charitable and community organisations emergency funding to support emerging challenges faced within local communities as a result of the continuing threat of Coronavirus.
- Power To Change – An organisation supporting community businesses across the UK, they have a page of information for charities and community businesses that includes various organisations offering support as well as opportunities to access emergency funding.
- Voscur – A community infrastructure charity that provides direct support services and specialist advice to voluntary organisations and social enterprises across Bristol, such as offering practical help and advice, guiding organisations to relevant expertise, and offering training and specialised consultancy where required.
- CVS South Gloucestershire – Working with and for voluntary, community and social enterprise sector (VCSE) groups and organisations in South Gloucestershire by providing a range of funding, crisis, and financial management advice and support, news and updates, and advocacy, among other services.
Support For Your Business
If you need support for your business in response to coronavirus (Covid-19), there are a range of options available.
- UK Government Business Support – There is a range of support available from the UK Government for businesses, follow the link for more information.
- Bristol City Council Business Support – There is a range of support and information available from your local council, head to the above link and click on the ‘Businesses’ tab for more information.
- South Gloucestershire Council Business Support – There is a range of support and information available from your local council, head to the above link for more information.
Survey: How has your voluntary, community or social enterprise organisation responded to coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The Care Forum is gathering data to understand how voluntary, community or social enterprise (VCSE) organisations in Bristol & South Gloucestershire are responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
The Care Forum is working with Bristol and South Gloucestershire local authorities, our Civil Society Partners and local funding organisations such as Quartet Community Foundation, and the information you provide will be used to better inform strategy, decision-making and support for the VCSE sector into the future.
The survey takes 5 minutes to fill in, and whether you’ve set up a new community group, altered an existing service, or had to close your organisation, we’d like to hear about your experiences.