At Age UK Bristol we help make sure that everyone in Bristol can love later life. We do this by supporting and empowering older people, helping other organisations to work together, and championing the interests of older people in the city
We provide impartial, free, & confidential Information & Advice to older people in Bristol for anyone over the age of 55 who lives or works in Bristol.
How we can help:
Age UK Bristol advisers are trained to offer people advice on all of thefollowing issues:
- Money matters, benefits and allowances, including Pension Credit & Attendance Allowance
- Council Tax
- Priority debts, such as rent & utility arrears
- Social care services
- Care homes
- Lasting Power of Attorney
- Help completing forms
We can also often advise on other issues, or signpost to other organisations if we are unable to help.
Advice Line: 0117 922 5353
Our Advice Line is open Monday to Thursday from 10am to 1pm. If calling outside of those hours please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we are able.
We offer face-to-face appointments at our main office from Monday to Thursday, 10am to 1pm. Please contact us via the Advice Line to book an appointment.
We can offer home visits for clients who are unable to attend our office or one of our outreaches. These can be booked via our Advice Line.
We also offer specialist advice to older people affected by cancer or dementia, and their carers. Please contact the Advice line for more information.
Other Services Provided:
- New Beginnings Day Centre provides a range of activities, good food, and transport for older people in South Bristol – 0117 987 8406.
- Dementia Day Opportunities in Withywood. Please contact 0117 987 8406.
- Housing Support provides support to enable older people to remain independent in their own homes – 0117 928 1546/7
- Friends Ageing Better – Join a community network of older people in Bristol where they can share what is happening locally and benefit from discounts from local businesses. 0117 440 4301.
- Computer Learning Courses – We run a range of IT courses over a 6 week period costing £60 for more information contact Ian Hudson on 0117 9297537.The iPad Appreciation courses are specifically for people who own an Apple iPad and are looking to learn more about how to use it. Our ambition is to give you confidence in using the iPad and discovering things for yourself. Our friendly team of volunteer tutors will talk you through everything and answer any questions that you might have. We teach in small groups to allow for plenty of 1-1 support and aim to cater the sessions towards your interestsThis course lasts for 6 weeks consisting of a 2 hour teaching session each week. We charge £60 for the full course
- Volunteering – We are always looking for people of all ages and backgrounds to help us run our services – 0117 929 7537
The Care Forum does not provide quality control of external links; the inclusion of any company’s name within the pages should not be construed as a recommendation of that organisation's products and / or services. If you find anything that causes concern, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 0808 808 5252 or write to The Care Forum, The Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 2QQ.