South Gloucestershire Council – Adult Social Care

In South Gloucestershire we aim to provide you with a wide range of care and support options to help meet your social care needs and help you stay independent and active for as long as possible.

Service users, the public and professionals can use this number to refer for or enquire about a community care assessment or service which may lead to provision of specialist equipment or recommendation of home adaptations.

You can also find out about:

  • Care homes – Care Selector can help you to find the right home for you.
  • Care at home – If you wish to have an assessment to have support set up by the council, please contact us
  • Home adaptations – If you wish to have an assessment please us – If you think you need a wheelchair, please speak to your GP, or if you have a physiotherapist or occupational therapist please speak to them. The Bristol Centre for Enablement can give you more information about the criteria for NHS wheelchairs, on 0300 3000110.
  • Disabled Facilities Grants – A disabled facilities grant is to help pay for major adaptations at home. There is a criteria for this service, and you will be assessed to contribute to the cost of the adaptations.
  • Meals at home – You can have a meal delivered directly to your door by the council. For more information call 01454 865996. You do not need an assessment from the council to use this service.
  • Personal pendant alarms
  • Reporting concerns someone is being abused – If you have any concerns about an adult at risk, you must report it by calling adult care on 01454 868007. If a vulnerable adult is in immediate danger, dial 999 and ask for police assistance.
  • Dementia services
  • Loneliness and Isolation
  • Help for Carers – If you would like to have your needs assessed and discuss what is going to help you in your caring role please contact the Carers Support Centre on 0117 9652200.

You can view a fact sheet about how to get an assessment and what happens afterwards here


Contact details

Service details

  • Alternative names: Adult Social Services, Community Care and Housing, South Glos Adult Care
  • Is there a cost for these services? no
  • How can people access this service? Telephone or email
Updated: more than six months ago.
Download PDF

Other projects