Vision West of England are a sight loss charity delivering services across Bristol, Bath and South Gloucestershire to blind and partially sighted people.
Vision West of England’s mission is to put the needs and aspirations of blind and partially sighted people first and help create a world in which people living with sight loss can access the services they need within their own communities.
Vision West of England offers a range services to assist you and enable you to live an independent life, including:
- Helpline, Free and confidential. Open Mon-Fri 10am-3pm (support is available outside of these times by arrangement. Call 0117 322 4885 or email email@example.com
- Employment Support. Open to all blind and partially sighted people who are interested in gaining paid employment or wish to stay in employment. Call our helpline or visit us for more information.
- Social Groups. We hold regular social meets for working age people across Bristol, email Marc for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoom Club. Open to all children and young people up to the age of 18 with a visual impairment. The group is also open to those who support a parent living with sight loss.
- Information, Advice and Support. We offer information, Advice and Support to anyone living with sight loss both at our Vassall Centre Hub and at various locations around our service area.
- Technology Support. Find out more about assistive technology and resources aimed at supporting and enabling people with vision loss to be more independent.
- Training. We offer a range of training for individuals and organisations, including living with sight loss, assistive technology training, sighted guiding and sight loss awareness training. We can also provide bespoke training. For more information call Toby Davey on 0117 322 4885 or email email@example.com
- Volunteering. We have lots of volunteering opportunities for everyone, even if you can only spare a few hours per month. We offer support, training and lots of fun. For more information call Marc on 0117 322 4885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming events, groups & activities
|VI Social & Info Sharing Group – Vision West of England||26th February, 2020|
|Vision West of England Sight Loss Advice Drop In (Central Bristol)||28th February, 2020|
|VIP Basketry Group||3rd March, 2020|
|Vision West of England Sight Loss Advice Drop In (Thornbury)||5th March, 2020|
|Vision West of England Sight Loss Advice Drop In (Yate)||20th March, 2020|
|Visually Impaired Swim||27th February, 2020|
|VI Tennis – Vision West of England||27th February, 2020|
|Vision West of England Sight Loss Advice Drop In (Kingswood)||16th March, 2020|
|VI Reading Group – Bristol Central Library||27th February, 2020|
|Bristol Pub Social – Vision West of England||28th February, 2020|
The Care Forum does not provide quality control of external links; the inclusion of any company’s name within the pages should not be construed as a recommendation of that organisation's products and / or services. If you find anything that causes concern, please email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 0808 808 5252 or write to The Care Forum, The Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 2QQ.