Our children’s and young persons domestic violence and abuse service is made up of a specialist team who offer practical and emotional support, information and education for children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse. We support children to explore their feelings and help them to understand what they have been through, know they are not to blame, help them to stay safe and let them know where they can turn to if they need more help.
Our Services Include:
- Group work for young people
- 1-1 outreach support
- Referral to specialist parenting sessions
- Domestic Abuse awareness raising sessions for staff
- Awareness raising school assemblies
- Workshop on healthy and unhealthy relationships
We work with local schools raising awareness of the issues faced by children and young people around domestic abuse and support staff to educate students about healthy relationships.
- Back on Track: Group work for young people who have experienced domestic abuse in the home, We run on group for 7 to 11 year olds and a group for older children. This programme gives younger people the opportunity to explore their experiences of abuse through safe, confidential and interactive sessions and gain tools that will help them feel more confident and less isolated.
- Outreach: One to one outreach for children ages 4 to 17 who have experienced domestic abuse in the family home and in their own relationships. Our sessions give young people a space where they can begin to explore and articulate their experiences. This out reach may also include some family work, helping parents better understand how they may be able to support their child.
- Connect with respect: A dynamic preventative programme for schools and other settings that educates and supports children and young people to have happy, healthy relationships for life. It empowers students to support each other and supports teachers and professionals to support their students.
The Care Forum does not provide quality control of external links; the inclusion of any company’s name within the pages should not be construed as a recommendation of that organisation's products and / or services. If you find anything that causes concern, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 0808 808 5252 or write to The Care Forum, The Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 2QQ.