Historic park and garden alongside the M32.
Admission and opening times
There is no charge for admission. Stoke Park Estate is open at all times.
There is no dedicated car park. Find out where to park in Bristol.
To find out about accessibility at Stoke Park Estate, you can look at an access guide on DisabledGo.
Facilities and features
- dew pond at the base of the northern slope
- fishing lake, also known as Duchess pond
- Hermitage Tunnel (Grade II listed)
- Purdown BT Tower
- the yellow Dower House, built in 1563 as a private stately home, but is now converted to private flats
- woodland areas and trees
- the nearest public toilet is at Snuff Mills Park, five to ten minutes walk away from the Duchess entrance on Park Road
- Purdown Percy, a World War 2 anti-aircraft battery (scheduled monument)
Stoke Park Estate has a community group which supports the estate. To find out more visit the Friends of Stoke Park Facebook page.
You can follow one of our three walks:
- Stoke Park Walk (pdf, 200KB) (opens new window)
- Barn Wood Walk (pdf, 216KB) (opens new window)
- Hermitage Walk (pdf, 211KB) (opens new window)
- Stoke Park trail map (pdf, 3.7MB) (opens new window)
- Stoke Park activity sheet (pdf, 5.5MB) (opens new window)
Advice for visitors
There will be some disruption to walking routes from October 2018 to March 2019 .
This is because of scrub removal and tree-thinning work in the areas below and between Pale Plantation and Barnwood.
We advise you to:
- check what areas of the park are open or closed
- plan your walks around the park as layouts will change over time
- keep dogs under control or on leads
For more information see our Stoke Park restoration works page.
If you’ve any queries email email@example.com.
The works contractor will also be available to provide information and answer queries.
Awards and heritage
- Regionally Important Geological and Geomorphological Site: an important place for geology and geomorphology
- Site of nature conservation interest: protected area of importance for wildlife
Upcoming events, groups & activities
|Sensory Impairment Team Drop-In at Bedminster Library||21st October, 2020|
|Sensory Impairment Team Drop-In at BCL-South||19th October, 2020|
|Sensory Impairment Team Drop-In at Bedminster Library.||23rd October, 2020|
The Care Forum does not provide quality control of external links; the inclusion of any company’s name within the pages should not be construed as a recommendation of that organisation's products and / or services. If you find anything that causes concern, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 0808 808 5252 or write to The Care Forum, The Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 2QQ.