Our community drug and alcohol teams offer a combination of the following services:
- Specialist prescribing
- Detoxification (drugs and alcohol)
- Bristol ROADS treatment service
- Daily dispensing clinic
- Psychological interventions including mind-mapping, motivational enhancement, relapse prevention
- Specialist psychological interventions such as EMDR, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Behavioural Couple Therapy and CBT
- Blood borne virus testing and vaccination
- Shared care
- Maternity services
- Club drugs project
- Young people's transition work
- Work with families and carers
- Peer mentoring project
- Community care assessments
- Recovery planning
Referrals are received from GPs and other professionals. In some cases, people can refer themselves.
We aim to see all new referrals within a week. Some teams are able to offer appointments within 48 hours.
We work closely with colleagues in the Criminal Justice System and our inpatient unit (Acer Unit) to provide continuity of care. We have strong partnership with other agencies and providers across the treatment system, to design and deliver packages of care appropriate to each individual.
Service users play a valuable part in the planning and provision of services, keeping hope, recovery and support at the centre of all we do.
Also have offices at:
59-61 Stokes Croft
Bristol, BS1 3QP
Tel: 0117 987 6000
1 Colston Fort
Bristol, BS6 5UB
Tel: 0117 919 2345