People like you are needed for 2 to 3 hours per week (on a day to suit you) volunteering at Southmead Hospital. Just a little of your time, energy and action in volunteering can enrich a patient's stay in hospital.
To find out how to become a volunteer at North Bristol NHS Trust, please telephone Vicky Brathwaite on 0117 323 2111.
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers undertake a wide variety of duties, including:
- Directing/escorting ‘lost’ members of the general public.
- Serving hot/cold drinks and confectionary in a variety of areas.
- Helping escort patients to their wards.
- Befriending patients on wards, listening to and chatting to them.
- Driving – using your own vehicle – to collect patients visitors and carers.
- Entertainment volunteers who help with evening musical concerts.
- Chaplaincy volunteers.
No previous volunteering experience is necessary and age is no barrier. An interest in people is a must together with a ready smile and listening ear. We are required to carry out a Criminal Records Bureau check on all volunteers and you will need to be able to provide two referees.
This organisation provides support around
Is there a cost for these services?
How can people access this service?
|Monday||From 08:30||To 16:00|
|Tuesday||From 08:30||To 16:00|
|Wednesday||From 08:30||To 16:00|
|Thursday||From 08:30||To 16:00|
|Friday||From 08:30||To 15:00|