The 25% ME Group exists to support all who have the severe form of ME and those who care for them. This includes people who are housebound, bedbound and wheelchair users.
There are approximately 200,000 people in the UK who have ME. Some do recover, however, approximately 25% of those affected remain so for a long period. Many are left isolated, housebound or even bedbound by the effects of the illness. It affects people from all walks of life, all age groups and can strike without prior warning.
* Twice yearly 40 page Newsletter
* Annual mailings containing information suitable
for ME Awareness Week
* Regularly updated Contact List for Members
* Practical and Emotional Support
*Advocacy/Welfare Advice and Assistance
* Telephone Support Helpline
* Resource Library Loan Service/Medical Advice Sheets Service
* Raising Funds to Promote and Support ME
Medical Research Institutions
* Various Fund raising Initiatives
Six Special Interest Groups organised by Members including: - Art Club, Talking Book Service, Round Robin Tape/Talking Letters, 25% Links Group, Meditation Group, Prayer Group.