If you need immediate help…
Please call the Bristol Mental Health’s Crisis Line on 0300 555 0334, open 24 hours a day, every day.
If you come across someone in crisis the following agencies should be considered for assistance.
- Out of hours GP services or NHS 111
- Accident and emergency
- The ambulance service
If the person in question is receiving specialist mental health support already then call the emergency desk team for advice: AWP switchboard 01225 325680
Other Helplines and resources
- Bristol MindLine is a free confidential freephone helpline. Call 0808 808 0330 (freephone, Wed to Sun 8pm – midnight). At other times call the national line on 0300 123 3393 (local rate from landlines, variable from mobiles, Mon to Fri, 9.00am-6.00pm).
- Samaritans provides confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. Call 0117 983 1000 (local rate) or 116 123 (freephone).
- Off The Record provide free and confidential mental health support for young people aged 11-25 in Bristol. Call 0808 808 9120 (freephone) or text 07896 880 011.
- The CALM helpline operates from 5pm-midnight every day. Calls are confidential and are taken by trained and skilled helpline workers who provide support, information and signposting. Call 0800 58 58 58 (freephone).
- PAPYRUS is the national charity for the prevention of young suicide. Their HOPELineUK telephone service is confidential and operates Monday-Friday 10am-10pm, Weekends 2pm-10pm & Bank Holidays 2pm-5pm. Call 0800 068 41 41 (freephone) or text 07786 209697.
- SupportLine provides a confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual on any issue. Call 01708 765200 (local rate, variable hours).
- Cruse Bereavement Care provides information, advice and support to anyone who has been bereaved by death. If someone you know has died and you need to talk to someone immediately, call the national helpline on 0844 477 9400 (from 1p to 13p from landlines and 5p to 41p from mobiles).
- 24/7 Support & Connect – Vita (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire – Vita (vitahealthgroup.co.uk) – A free NHS confidential 24/7 helpline for people who live in Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire.
- SHOUT – 24/7 text service Free, 24/7 mental health text support in the UK | Shout 85258
- Peer Support: Talk Club – peer support for men. Talk Club (wetalkclub.com) Online currently but face to face groups will start up again in Bristol when possible.