If you need immediate help…
Please call the Bristol Mental Health’s Crisis Line on 0300 555 0334, open 24 hours a day, every day.
If you come across someone in crisis the following agencies should be considered for assistance.
- Out of hours GP services or NHS 111
- Accident and emergency
- The ambulance service
If the person in question is receiving specialist mental health support already then call the emergency desk team for advice: AWP switchboard 01225 325680
- Bristol MindLine is a free confidential freephone helpline. Call 0808 808 0330 (freephone, Wed to Sun 8pm – midnight). At other times call the national line on 0300 123 3393 (local rate from landlines, variable from mobiles, Mon to Fri, 9.00am-6.00pm).
- Samaritans provides confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. Call 0117 983 1000 (local rate) or 116 123 (freephone).
- Off The Record provide free and confidential mental health support for young people aged 11-25 in Bristol. Call 0808 808 9120 (freephone) or text 07896 880 011.
- The CALM helpline operates from 5pm-midnight every day. Calls are confidential and are taken by trained and skilled helpline workers who provide support, information and signposting. Call 0800 58 58 58 (freephone).
- PAPYRUS is the national charity for the prevention of young suicide. Their HOPELineUK telephone service is confidential and operates Monday-Friday 10am-10pm, Weekends 2pm-10pm & Bank Holidays 2pm-5pm. Call 0800 068 41 41 (freephone) or text 07786 209697.
- SupportLine provides a confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual on any issue. Call 01708 765200 (local rate, variable hours).
- Cruse Bereavement Care provides information, advice and support to anyone who has been bereaved by death. If someone you know has died and you need to talk to someone immediately, call the national helpline on 0844 477 9400 (from 1p to 13p from landlines and 5p to 41p from mobiles).
- 24/7 Support & Connect: immediate emotional and practical support helpline An NHS, free, confidential 24/7 helpline provided by Vita Health Group, in partnership with AWP. The line is staffed by experienced counsellors, who you can talk to and they will listen. They will offer emotional support and can connect you to organisations available in Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire. The helpline is for people aged 18 and over who are living within BNSSG or are registered with a GP within BNSSG. For immediate emotional and practical support call 0800 0126549 Textphone users dial 18001 followed by 0800 0126549. If English isn’t your first language we can arrange for a translator to support your call. If you are 17 or under please call the Children and Young People’s helpline via Avon and Wiltshire Partnership SPA line on 0300 303 1320. For more information visit the Vita Health Group website